Bangladesh has grown tremendously in recent years. Also, significant economic development can be observed alongside it. Bangladeshis now have more purchasing power than ever before. Besides, this has increased demand for retail goods across the country. Online payment gateways in Bangladesh are much easier.
To meet this demand, businesses are looking for innovative solutions to manage their payments and increase revenues properly. As a result, many Fintech companies have sought to serve that purpose and meet demand by offering payment gateway services.
Continue reading to learn about the top ten payment gateways in Bangladesh. We will also advise on choosing the best one for your needs.
Before we get there, you should know a few things about Payment Gateways.
What exactly is a Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a technology that merchants use to accept debit and credit card payments from their customers. Its primary function is to collect transaction data and also ensure that funds are available in a customer’s account and that the merchant is successfully paid.
- Payment gateways are consumer-facing interfaces that collect payment data.
- The payment gateways in physical stores are point-of-sale (POS) terminals that accept credit card information via card or smartphone.
- Payment gateways are the “checkout” portals used in online stores to enter credit card information or credentials for services such as PayPal.
- This is distinct from payment processors, which collect payments on the merchant’s behalf using customer information.
- Payment gateways for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are also available
How Payment Gateways Work
The payment gateway is an important part of the electronic payment processing system because it is the front-end technology that sends customer information to the merchant-acquiring bank, where the transaction is then processed.
Payment gateway technologies are constantly evolving to reflect new consumer preferences and technological capabilities. Previously, credit card terminals used magnetic strips and required paper signatures from customers. The signature phase could be replaced by a personal identification number (PIN) entered directly into the payment gateway hardware as chip technologies advance. Contactless purchases are now available, with many customers opting to use their phones as payment devices rather than plastic credit cards.
A payment gateway’s architecture will differ depending on whether it is an in-store gateway or an online payment portal. After all Application programming interfaces (APIs) will be required for online payment gateways, allowing the website in question to communicate with the underlying payment processing network. In-store payment gateways will use a POS terminal that electronically connects to the payment processing network via a phone line or an Internet connection.
Top 10 Online Payment Gateways in Bangladesh
In this section, we will discuss the details of the top 10 online payment gateways in Bangladesh-
SSLCOMMERZ is a well-known payment processor in Bangladesh. It has been in business since 2020. Now it has over 3500 clients providing digital payment solutions on web and mobile platforms.
SSLCOMMERZ provides a simple checkout option with over 30 payment options. The platform includes additional features. These features make payment gateway integration simpler and less complicated for its clients. These features include-
- Supported Currencies: BDT, EUR, GBP, AUD, USD, CAD
- Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, Mutual Trust Bank Net Banking, DBBL NEXUS Cards, Islamic Bank Net Banking, Bank Asia Net Banking, City Bank/ Amex, and many others
- Market Integration: Plug-ins available for major platforms and languages
- Security: PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, DigiCert EV SSL
Dhaka-based Portwallet is a new payment gateway. Customers can make online payments through the platform, and it plans to expand its infrastructure to enable internet commerce. Their features include-
- Supported Currencies: Multi-currency support
- Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, bKash, Nexus
- Market Integration: E-commerce
- Security: PCI-DSS compliant
- Setup Charges: Starter Package – BDT 5000, Business plan – BDT 0
- Annual Fee: No charges
- Commission Fee: Starter Package – BDT 2 per transaction, Business plan – BDT 1 per transaction
Aamarpay is another prominent FinTech firm in Bangladesh. It provides low-cost payment gateway services for B2B and B2C businesses, as well as mobile integration and QR payment options.
- Payment Options: bKash, Rocket, SureCash, Visa and MasterCard, UnionPay, and Amex
- Market Integration: API & plug-ins are available
- Security: PCI DSS Level 1
- Supported Currencies: BDT only
- For setup fee, it has 4 types of plans; BDT 4,000- BDT 15,000
- No annual fee
- 55% – 3.25% as card commission and 1.85% – 2.% as bKash, Rocket, and SureCash commission.
A universal payment gateway that serves both consumers and business merchants. The Bangladesh Bank granted the PSO license to one of the first payment gateways. SurjaPay’s other features include the following:
- Supported Currencies: All currencies
- Payment Options: All Debit/Credit cards
- Security: PCI-DSS Level 1
- Signup fee: Corporate- BDT 10,000 and Education- BDT 10,000
- Integration fees; Corporate- BDT 10,000 and Education- BDT 5000
- No annual or monthly maintenance fee
- Visa, Mastercard, nexus; Corporate- 2.5% and Education- 1.5%
- American Express and mobile wallet; Corporate- 3.5% and 2.0% respectively, Education- 1.5% for both
5. Fast spring
When looking for payment gateways for international transactions, Fast Spring may be the best option. In this case, also anyone who wants to do business in a foreign country can quickly receive money from them in the shortest time possible.
They provide services without requiring a long-term commitment earlier. Furthermore, there are no commitments or signup fees with this company. During In a nutshell, this is one of Bangladesh’s most straightforward payment processing companies.
- No signup fee and term contract
- 9% per transaction with minimum $.75 purchase or 5.9% + $.95 per transaction
- $5.00 refund fee
- Requirements: GST/VAT/Tax exemption number/Driving license
- Refund Policy: After dissolving the issue, the refund is initiated and the fee is retained that was charged on the original transaction.
- 90-day refund limit-PayPal; 6month refund limit-credit card
When we think of a low-cost and reliable online payment gateway, Also, payoneer is the first name that comes to mind. This company offers its services across more than 200 countries globally.
Customers also like this company because of its reliable and reasonable online payment gateway. Payoneer is also a popular online payment gateway, particularly among freelancers in Bangladesh. Emphatically their features include0
- Requirements: National ID card number or passport
7. Easy Pay Way
Easy pay way is yet another safe, secure, and dependable online payment gateway in Bangladesh. Also, this company has many advanced features that are not found in other companies. They also offer API systems, payment validation, risk validation, and auto verification.
You can choose easy pay-way services without hesitation for hassle-free and time-saving payment. Their features are-
- Supported Currencies: BDT
- Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, and Nexus debit/credit cards
- Market Integration: E-commerce
- Security: SSL Encryption
- Setup fee; Basic- BDT 5,000 Starter- BDT 10,000 Professional- BDT 18,000 and Corporate- BDT 20,000
- Annual fee; Basic-free, Starter- BDT 500, Professional- BDT 2000, and Corporate- BDT 2500
- Per transaction commission; Basic- 6.5%, Starter- 5%, Professional- 3.9%
Eventually, in Bangladesh, 2checkout is an international online payment gateway. But it is a market leader in payment gateways, offering seamless global transactions and high revenue generation.
2Checkout is the best option when receiving payment from a foreign country. Besides they granted refunds for up to 30 days. Their features are-
- Supported Currencies: All major currencies
- Payment Options: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Neteller, PO, Skrill, Paypal, and bank transfer
- Market Integration: Shopping cart integration, API & 3rd party integrations
- Security: PCI-DSS Level 1
- Commission per transaction: 3.9% + $0.45 and 1.5%cross-border fee
- No annual or setup fee
The paddle is another safest online payment gateway in Bangladesh. Despite, this provides service with NDR enhancement. In the modern global transaction market, they provide services on SaaS and operate both B2C and B2B, making them better than other companies.
People also like a paddle for their low-cost advantages. As a result, paddle service does not require any monthly or yearly fees. Their services are-
- No signup fees
- No monthly subscription
- Only a %transaction fee
- Requirement: VAT/Sales Tax Codes, Trade license
- Refund: Refunds will not be initiated if found faulty
- Terms and Conditions: Guides you about their chargebacks, termination, privacy, tax, refunds, laws, responsibility, and liability. These should not be breached.
BTTPay offers its services throughout Asia. Concurrently, it is a pioneer in the FinTech sector, combining payment gateway services for small start-ups and large enterprises. Also their features include-
- Supported Currencies: Support for 100+ currencies
- Payment Options: All major Debit and Credit Card
- Market Integration: APIs, Mobile SDK, and Plug-in Integrations
- Security: PCI-DSS Level 1
Especially your online store can accept credit card payments from customers using a payment gateway. Also payment gateways are expensive and charge per transaction, and there are many to choose from. Also picking the right gateway can help save you money and keep your business running smoothly. Once you’ve decided on a payment gateway, you can easily integrate it into your online store software.
Due to the country’s rapid development, electronic and online payments have increased significantly in Bangladesh in recent years. Basically payment gateways have grown in importance for both merchants and customers. Emphatically this article has given you an overview of the payment gateway in Bangladesh and will help you decide who to partner with.
Read Next: Buying guide for summer perfumes